VW t3 oil lamp and noise

Vw konsernin autohin liittyvä keskustelualue.
Gian2050
Vasta alkaja

VW t3 oil lamp and noise

Viesti Kirjoittaja Gian2050 »

Hei olen Gianluigi,
I have a problem with my VW t3 1900 cc bensini from 1987
The oil lamp is flashing after i drive for 50/60 km.
Oil pressure is ok, has been checked, sensor has been changed,
but still the lamp is flashing usually when I slow down from 90 km per hour to 60 km for example or when I stop at the traffic lights
Is not flashing when I start the car or if i drive only short trip.
Could someone know if this is a common problem for T3 bensini.?
Kiitos paljon
hyvää juhannusta
dmn
101:en Juhlajäsen
Viesti:

Re: VW t3 oil lamp and noise

Viesti Kirjoittaja dmn »

How the oil pressure is measured? It should be 2.0bar / 2000rpm (hot engine).

Ofter high mileage engines have lower pressure than that, it may cause blinking oil light and/or warning buzzer coming on when engine speed drops.
< 15kWh/100km
Tuomo Lehmikangas
AktiVWisti

Viesti Kirjoittaja Tuomo Lehmikangas »

I had the same issues with my 2.1 WBX. Buzzer would make noise and light blink almost everytime when I took the exit on highway. I do not recall what this was about, but at then I was assured that this was not a big deal. It is just a temporary thing that happens and should not harm the engine. However I am not an expert on this, so do not take my word for it.
Gian2050
Vasta alkaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja Gian2050 »

Hi, kiitos paljon, for the help.
also for my they say no to worries, but the buzz noise is annoiyng do you know how to "cut" the sensor?
Yes the buzz start when i slow down, i will try to change the oil and see if is working,
do you know a good mechanic for my T3 in Tampere area? or Pirkkala ?
kiitos paljon hyvvää juhannusta kaikille.
syvakma1
Vakiintunut käyttäjä
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja syvakma1 »

This is the one you should visit near Tampere: Järkiauto, Liikehuoneisto 1, Koiranojanrinne 2, 33880 Lempäälä
044 3400110
Osku
AktiVWisti

Viesti Kirjoittaja Osku »

If it is a false alarm then its the L circute bord that is broken, you can bend a pin and the alarm is of, But you could also find a good circuteboard. Just meassure both warm oil pressures both low and high pressure with a calibrated oilpressure cauge before doing such things, atleast I would for my own piece of mind.

This is what the circute bord hidden in the speedo looks like, there are a few different ones depending on yearmodel but any way similar.

download/file.php?id=8339

Here is what you can do.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c1CeghGKSp0

Just remember that when your alarm goes of you should first figure out why it does it and first then disable it. Just that when you know why you can also fix it correctly by either mounting a not over sensitive sensor or changing the circute board or or fixing the engine depending on what the reason is.
Viimeksi muokannut Osku, 23.06.2020 10:44. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.
Pastori
Amerikan asiamies

Viesti Kirjoittaja Pastori »

Same thing happens with my 1.6JX diesel engine, maybe its over sensitive or something, but in my case it indicates that oil pressure in the head is too low. Mine eats a lot of oil, so easiest fix, add more oil :D
Hulluna tölökkeihin.
Tuomo Lehmikangas
AktiVWisti

Viesti Kirjoittaja Tuomo Lehmikangas »

Gian2050 kirjoitti:the buzz noise is annoiyng do you know how to "cut" the sensor?
If the noise is annoying, then maybe it is making the sound much more than my used to. I got maybe just a few seconds.

But like others sayed, do not "cut" the buzzer or anything.
Vastaa Viestiin